Part of the joy of receiving these awards is that I get to give these awards out to fellow bloggers too. I love giving to and encouraging others, so how perfect is that?
Basset Momma. I am very flattered that you would think my blog creative. Thank you!
The rules for this award is that I share 10 things about myself that you may not know and then give this award to 6 other bloggers.
I had to dig deep, but I think I have some good items to share:
1. I love rattles! Mommy got me a baby wrist rattle as a puppy and I have been hooked ever since.
2. I never tear up a toy with a rattle inside it. I just can't do it.
3. When Mommy holds me, I always have to be on her left side. For four years now, she keeps trying to hold me on her right side but I switch it back. Stop trying Mommy.
4. I have an incredible fear of getting my nails clipped. I am a gentle, tenderhearted girl doggie, but you come near me with a set of nail clippers, and the little psycho comes out. I'm feeling anxious just talking about it. Next question.
5. I have to roll on my Mommy (or some part of her) first thing in the morning...every morning. It's our routine, and it must be done. She loves it. It's part of our morning "Mommy & me" time.
6. Last spring, I tried to fly. I decided it would be a great idea to leap off our 12 foot high (3.65 meters) back deck through the slats of the railing while standing in front of Mommy on the deck. I had seen so many birds do it successfully. Well, let me tell you, gravity is a BEAR, no matter how weak scientists say it is! I just remember falling to the ground with a thud. Mommy freaked, took me to the vet, and amazingly I was not seriously hurt. Hence, Mommy & my grampy then put up chicken wire fencing along the entire perimeter of the deck railing, and there are gates, etc to protect this little dog from thinking she can fly.
7. I love feet. My loved ones feet are very calming to me. I will often go over to someone's foot, gently put my paw on it, and that is their cue to rub my belly with their foot, sock or no sock, while I sit there looking doe eyed and sleepy. No shoes allowed.
8. I eat a gluten free food diet because my cousin Peanut Pumpkin Pie and my Mommy are gluten intolerant. I love them. I wouldn't want to go kissing Mommy if I ate wheat of any kind.
9. I am a 'search and rescue kibble' Pixel. I seek out and find lost dog food kibbles. It does not matter where it is or how old it is, I will point, whine, moan and stare at its location until it is rescued. I'm a giver.
10. My Mommy and I have started a campaign called "No Tail Left Behind" to educate about the dangers of cosmetic tail docking. I suffer from chronic pain in my tail nub, and many dogs do too. Tail docking (& ear cropping) is often dangerous for a dog's health, and is illegal in many countries, so why not the U.S. We have lots of information to share. We are always kind, no matter anyone's views. Please visit, like and share our page at www.facebook.com/NoTailLeftBehind.
I give this award to the following 6 blogs. I love how they share their lives & adventures so creatively:
Pawcircle with Dana Pixel
The second award is the Leibster Award, given to me by my sweet friend and fellow blogger Gemma the Puppy. We first met through fellow Anipals on Twitter. Gemma is very fun to talk to, has a kind heart and I love her blog.
Liebster, in German, means "beloved" or "favorite". The Liebster Award is given to new, up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. Thank you so much Gemma!
So many blogs deserve this award. I give this award to the following 5 blogs:
The third award is the Sunshine Award, presented to me by a pet blogger that always brings sunshine to us with her posts, the one and only Basset Momma. Thank you so much again, Janet!! With this award, I have to answer the following questions about myself and give it to 10 bloggers. First the questions answered, then the awards.
Favorite Number: Do dogs have favorite numbers? How about 2008, the year Mommy found me.
Favorite Drink (Non-Alcoholic): Chicken Broth mixed with Water
Facebook or Twitter: BOTH! I have made wonderful friends on both.
My Passion: Sharing Joy and Smiles to everyone I meet and helping save puppies from tail docking with my No Tail Left Behind campaign.
Favorite Pattern: I don't like wearing clothes much, BOL! Since Mommy loves snowflakes, I will say that.
Favorite Day of the Week: Any day that Mommy is home all day with me
Favorite Flower: The Gerber Daisy, Hydrangea and all flowering trees
Now, to present the award! I am limited to only 10, so here are some great blogs you might or might not know. Please make sure to visit them all. Many of them giving back to their community.
Please go visit each of these blogs and introduce yourself. Leave a comment and help make their day. They'd love to hear from you.
And don't forget to say "Pixel sent me!"
Love & Hugs!