Hill's Pet created to help your pet get back to where they need to be. In fact, I'm going to share a very special success story hat will make you smile like no other about a dog who succeeded when she tried that very plan!
But first, let's take a look at this brief video showing how the overweight struggle can be for pets:
Hill's does a great job at making the above video light hearted, but being overweight is no laughing matter for pets.
THE STRUGGLE IS REAL. Pets all across America are doing something to better themselves, including the dog you are about to meet.
One Dog's 10 Week Turnaround Success Story: Keira's Perfect Weight
Watch this wonderful video that Keira and her Mom put together that documents her weight loss journey. You can also read more about Keira's amazing weight loss success on her blog Trendy Pet.
This journey of success is possible for you too!
4 Things To Do to Get & Keep Your #PerfectWeight:
As a reminder, here are 4 things that Mommy and I do to help keep me at MY #PerfectWeight. YOU can do it too!
1. Set specific feeding times and stay on schedule. Everyday. Even when we go out of town together or if a family member watches me while she is away, I can't miss my scheduled feedings, so if we travel, an alarm is set for the times and we stop at rest areas to feed me. Routine is routine.
2. Measure the right amount of food for pet size. Mommy always measures my food. Period. This is critical. You must measure for the proper size your pet should be, not what they currently weigh. Refer to the side of the dog food bag/can or speak to your veterinarian. Do NOT free feed your pet. They can easily become overweight when the amount they eat is not regulated.
3. Exercise and Play with your Pet. Mommy and I both get moving together, and she doesn't just exercise my body, she helps exercise my mind with fun games where I have to think and "find toys" or solve simple puzzles like "find the treat". Practicing my tricks and commands is another excellent way to exercise my mind and body.
4. Use the Hills 10 Week Challenge Calendar. Write down your entire routine on the calendar. It helps you stay on course, schedule things out, mark successes, see where you've been and where you're going.
5. Be patient and take things slow. Anything new can be hard, such as a new diet, a new exercise plan or routine, or even learning a new trick. So be patient and take it slow. If you choose to do the Hill's 10 Week Turnaround Challenge, remember it isn't a fad diet or "race against the clock". Every "body" is different, and the steady pace wins the race.
Pet360. If your pet is a small breed like me, Hill's now has a new line out this year for Small and Toy Breeds. The breakthrough nutrition in Hill's® Science Diet® Small and Toy Breed Formula, including prebiotic fibers for gentle digestion, is formulated to achieve & maintain a healthy weight & improve quality of life in small & toy breed dogs. After all, 40% of the dog population is small and toy breeds.
Hill's 10 Week Turnaround contest link that will bring you to the official contest page with the "Enter Now" button. And make sure to read the full Terms & Conditions found on the entry form.
Go to the Hill's website contest URL (http://blogp.ws/1Ded0VZ) right now and enter for your chance to try Hill's #PerfectWeight Pet Food today!