Do not fret if you hadn't thought about it. Help is here. I have some wonderful and simple dog snack and beverage ideas you can do for your beloved canine companions that they will simply love.
Peanut Butter covered Rice Chex
This treat is super easy to fix.
1. Lay out individual pieces of Gluten Free Rice Chex pieces on a tray or large plate.
2. Using a butter knife, spread small amounts of peanut butter on each little piece of Rice Chex.
Voila! Instant super fun snack for your dog that is absolutely delicious!
Chicken and Rice Pate
Ingredients: 1 lb. Cooked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cooled
1 c. Cooked White or Brown Rice cooled (slightly warm) NOT cold
3 Tbsp. Instant Baby Oatmeal Cereal (Optional) for extra smoothness
1.5 - 2 c. Filtered or Spring Water
1. Grind the chicken in a food processor until finely chopped
2. Add 1 cup rice (and the 3 Tbsp. of baby oatmeal if you have it) into food processor
3. Add 1 cup of water into food processor
4. Place lid on top and grind all ingredients together
5. As it is grinding, add the additional half to one extra cup of water until you have a nice chicken and rice paste/pate that you could put on a cracker.
You will know it's done when you can scoop up some in a spoon and your face when you taste it.
Now, with this chicken and rice pate, you can do anything you like! Scoop it with biscuits, use as dip with Rice Chex, or form it into cute shapes like footballs, bones, flowers or other shapes.
If you create shapes, you can then use baby food puree squeezies like icing and create all sorts of fun designs and patterns. See the photos below as an example of one fun idea we did using Banana, Beets, and Blueberry puree for the flower color and Green Bean puree as the flower stem! It was DELICIOUS!!!
Sweet Potato Wedges
Super Easy and OH SO GOOD!!
Ingredients: 2 - 4 Sweet Potatoes
1. Peel sweet potatoes
2. Cut potatoes into little bite-size pieces about 1 inch wide or larger (depending on dog size)
3. Place in microwaveable bowl and cover with either a paper plate, plastic wrap or a vented lid.
4. Microwave until fully cooked, checking every 3-4 minutes.
5. Once cooled, serve as doggie hors d'oeuvres or treats!
Chicken Broth Water
Low sodium , fat free Chicken Broth
Filtered or Spring Water
1. Mix half chicken broth and half water in one or more bowls, and share away!
Baby Squeezable Fruit Packets, such as Bananas, Beets & Blueberries by Happy Baby, Strawberry/Apple, or any flavor that sounds good
Filtered or Spring Water
Mix 1/3 fruit puree and 2/3 water in one or more bowls...it will appear lumpy at first, just mix with a spoon or finger until smooth
Share and enjoy!
NOTE: Normally, Mommy only lets me drink about 1/4 cup at a time of any kind of mixed/flavored water, because it's so good, I'll drink too much and get bloated. So keep that in mind for both the broth and fruity water with your dog.